Everyone will agree that telegram is one of the most satisfactory messaging applications. You enjoy a lot of options while messaging that make your experience even better. And when you have a lot of options, you have a lot of questions too.
Telegram not only gives you different options to send a message but to delete it as well. So, why not search how to recover deleted Telegram messages as anyone is expected to delete a message that they regret deleting later?
Well, in telegram you have a lot of control over messages. You can delete a message you have sent for yourself and the other person. And you can also delete a message sent to you for both senders as well as you.
On top of it, none of the people viewing the chat can notice if a message is missing. But with this, the biggest problem arises when you want to recover a message.
Because if it’s been a long since you deleted the message, you will have difficulty searching for the exact date or time.
Anyways, the good news is that you know that you can recover deleted Telegram messages and so let you also know how to recover deleted Telegram messages.
|➤How To Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages [100% Working]
|➤How To Recover Deleted Facebook Messages [100% Working]
|➤How To Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages [100% Working]
Telegram was first introduced to internet users in 2013. It is a cloud-based instant messaging application that supports a lot of features to make your conversation fun and entertaining.
You can connect to your mobile contacts easily on Telegram and it is equally easy to connect with others on Telegram.
The application is secure and keeps your data private. Apart from messaging, you can voice call, video call, and make private and public groups. Moreover, the application is available for both Android as well as IOS users.
Also, telegram is one of the top messaging applications which also holds the title of the world’s top 10 downloaded apps.
Plus, you can operate a single account from multiple devices at the same time. Now, it is enough about the telegram and it’s time to learn to recover your deleted messages on telegram.
How To Recover Deleted Messages On Telegram?
As of now, you have learned a lot about messaging on Telegram and how Telegram makes messaging much easier and hence helps to connect easily, it’s time that you know that recovering messages on Telegram is easy too.
You can recover your telegram deleted messages through more than one method and so this article is written to help you with at least one method.
Instant Undo the chat
This option is now only available for deleted chats. Chat refers to the entire conversation with a contact. So, if you ever delete a chat by mistake or on purpose, telegram gives you 5 secs to undo the chat.
Although this method does not work for a single message. So, if you have deleted a conversation by mistake, you can instantly click on the undo option that pops up on the bottom-right side of the screen and exists for 5 seconds only.
As you might not be reading this article for a chat that you deleted 5 seconds before, you must be interested in other methods that can retrieve or restore previously deleted messages.
Export Your Telegram Data
The next option that you can use to recover deleted Telegram messages is by exporting your Telegram data. This will export your entire telegram data till the present and allow you to download the file and save it on your device. After that, you can take time to find the deleted messages from the file containing all your data.
You can follow the entire procedure on your phone or on your PC but doing it on the desktop will prove more convenient. If you are using a mobile application, then you will have to do an extra step which is transferring the file to a PC.
If you don’t transfer the file on a PC, you might face difficulty searching for the exact messages or data on your phone.
Also, you need to install the older telegram version because, in the new version, there is no direct method to access your telegram data. Below is the method of how you can export your telegram data.
- Go to the Telegram app on your desktop and log in to your account on your PC. To do this, open Telegram on your phone go to Your profile, and then to Settings. In settings, you can find the option Devices.
- Click on it and then click on Link Desktop Device. A QR scanner will open up that you have to use to scan the OR visible on your desktop. You can also use your phone number to which an OTP will be sent.
- Now, that you have logged into your telegram account on your desktop open the particular chat to which you want to export chats.
- When you open a particular chat, you can see three dots on the top-right side of the screen. Click on it and then select the Export chat history option.
- Next, select the desired media type you want to add to the export file such as images and videos.
Use Your Telegram Backup
Every device has a cloud backup. Never forget to turn in your backups as these are very handy when trying to recover older data.
Like IOS has iCloud, android devices have their own cloud storage. For this method to work, make sure your data is already backed up before the deletion of the message.
Go to the cloud and tap on restore however, it works on your device. iOS users can follow the following steps.
- First, make sure, all your data is backed up on iCloud.
- Now go to your iPhone settings and move to General.
- Next, reset your device and finally select Erase all contents and settings.
- The device will start and the moment your phone powers up go as the device instructs.
- Next, go to App and Data and click on Restore from iCloud backup.
- You will be asked to sign in with your Apple ID and how you want to restore your data.
- And that’s it. After filling this in, your backup will be restored along with deleted messages as well.
Telegram is constantly updating and so its settings have changed. In the latest update, you don’t have a direct in-app option to access your telegram data.
However, you can use an older version to recover deleted Telegram messages. Apart from this, there are different other methods to recover your deleted telegram messages.
If you are looking to recover deleted telegram media files, then you can go to your phone storage and then find telegram media. All your media will be there even after it is deleted from the telegram.